- Archiving Users
- Unarchiving Users
- Deleting Users
Archived users' information is saved on your ManageBac account and can be accessed at a later date as required. Archived users will not be able to log in to their account and would need to get in touch with an admin at your school to re-gain access. We recommend archive graduating or withdrawn students and academic staff who may have left the school.
Archiving Users via the School Directory
Navigate to Settings > School Directory > Click on the tab for the appropriate user type (e.g., Students) and search for a particular user.
Click the down-arrow icon on the right-hand side to archive the user.
For students, you will then be prompted to select if the student has been Graduated or Withdrawn, and enter a Graduation Date or Withdrawal Date > then click Archive Student.
You can archive students in bulk by archiving their Year Group (such as for any graduating class), for details please see step 8 of our Transitioning to a New Academic Year guide.
Please note, when you archive a student, unless they have a sibling on your ManageBac account, their parents will be archived along with them.
Archiving Users via their Profile
You can also archive a student directly from their Profile by clicking the name of the student.
Then Edit Profile.
Click the Status dropdown on the right navigation panel, select either Withdrawn or Graduated, and enter a Withdrawal Date or Graduation Date > Update Status.
See our guides on Updating Notifications Preferences as Teacher, Updating Notification Preferences as Student or Updating Notification Preferences as Parent for further information on how to unsubscribe from ManageBac emails.
Unarchiving Users via the School Directory
Archived users will appear with a key symbol next to their name. Click the unarchive icon box on the right-hand side to restore the user.
Note: To make the prior academic data for students accessible, students must be members of a Year Group. See our guide on Creating & Managing Year Groups & Students Grade Levels for more information on how to assign a recently unarchived student to a year.
Unarchiving Users via their Profile
You can unarchive a user via their profile. For Students, select the Status dropdown, and set to Enrolled, click Update Status.
For other users, click the Unarchive Advisor/Unarchive Parent/Unarchive Admin button.
Deleting Users via the School Directory
Deleted users are completely removed from your ManageBac account, along with any data tied to their profile (ie: Messages, Files, Personal information). We strongly recommend archiving a user rather than deleting them, unless their user account was created by mistake.
Navigate to Settings, School Directory > click on the tab for the appropriate user type, e.g., Students > search for the name of the specific user > Filter. To delete, click the trashcan icon in the last column next to the user you would like to delete.
You will be shown a confirmation page outlining that this is final, type 'DELETE' and click Yes, delete "user" to confirm.
Deleting Users via their Profile
Data not remaining in ManageBac per account role
- parent profile with all user information
- Messages/Discussions parents started in the Parents Association (if enabled)
- Chat conversations started by the parent (if enabled)
- student profile
- Task and Deadline submissions
- items uploaded to the Student Portfolio
- any information submitted to Project-based Learning templates (EE,TOK,IDU,PP,RP,CP,etc.)
- CAS/SA/SL information
- Messages/Discussions students started in Year Group, Classes, Groups
- Chat conversations started by the student (if enabled)
- user profile
- Files uploaded to Year Group, Class, Group > Files pages
- online Lessons Created by the user
- Unit Reflections created by the user
- Messages/Discussions started by the user in Year Group, Classes, Groups
- Chat conversations started by the user (if enabled)
Data not deleted with users
- Message/Discussion responses and replies
- Class or Year Group Calendar Events created by teacher or admin user
- Tasks and Deadlines created by teacher or admin user
- Units created by teacher or admin users
- Unit Resources uploaded and created by the teacher or admin user
- Lesson Experiences and Unit Streams created by teacher or admin users
- Classes created by teacher or admin user
- Report Card templates created by admin users
- Report Cards generated by admins
Recovery of deleted users
If a user is accidentally deleted, we can help to restore their account. This will not restore any deleted messages/discussions, KeyChat conversations, Coursework submissions or Files the user submitted. Student Portfolios will not be restored in this process. Please submit a support request or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the name and email of the user.
User data restoration is a time consuming process and the double confirmation was put in place to make users aware of the consequences of this action.