Updating your Landing Page Preferences
Once you have logged in successfully, you will be taken to your landing page. We offer two layouts; the Dashboard, and the Home.
The first is our classic view, the Dashboard; showing a summary of what's taking place in your account, including upcoming events and deadlines and visibility of class content. It features a key left-hand menu, that can be expanded and collapsed, and the browser will smart-adapt to fit the screen size of the device you're using.
The second option is our newly designed Home menu. It has a cleaner, minimalist look & feel that closely aligns with our new Mobile (Phone + Tablet) design.
It also comes with greater customisation options, allowing you to personalise your view, while preserving fast, one-click access to all key pages.
Key tabs can be pinned to the Home menu to sort tiles in priority order for ease of access.
The new Home Menu is fully customisable, so you can optionally toggle on/off sections, and pin your most important menu tiles and classes for fast access.
You can select your landing page preference via Personalisation within your profile settings, or by clicking personalisation via your profile icon at the top right of the page.
You can choose for the Landing page to be:
- Portfolio* *For a Parent with more than one child, if one of them has either Portfolio disabled or not visible to the Parent, then the parent cannot set their Home page as Portfolio even if their other children do have these options enabled.
Editing Personal Information
Via Your Profile Picture
You can update your personal details by clicking on your profile picture > Manage Your Profile > Edit Profile.
Note: You will not be able to edit your personal information if parent profiles have been locked by your ManageBac administrator. If this is the case, we recommend you get in touch with an administrator/advisor from your Key Contacts list, found on the right-hand side of your dashboard.
Updating your E-mail
Update your e-mail address via the E-mail text box and click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page. An email will be sent to the updated e-mail address for confirmation. Please check your inbox to validate your e-mail.
Changing your Password
Click Change Password to update your ManageBac login password. The password will not save until you see a green box, we recommend using a passphrase, which is the combination of four simple but random words (e.g. Horse battery staple yea!).
Read more Getting Started articles:
- Creating Strong Passwords
- Accessing ManageBac via the Accounts Portal
- Accessing ManageBac via the iOS App
Changing your Account Theme
Via Manage Your Profile > Personalisation > Themes
You can change the theme of your ManageBac account via your profile icon on the top right-hand side of the page.
Updating your Account Language
Via Manage Your Profile
Under UI Language you can set your user interface language. Select from either English, Spanish, Arabic, French, Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) or Japanese. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page to finish.
Once the page refreshes, your main menu and page content will display in the language of your choice. The above is a screenshot example of the user interface language changed to Chinese (Simplified).
Setting your Message Notification Preferences
Notifications & Emails
Your personal notifications can be found by clicking on the icon in the top right corner, next to your name.
Click the icon at the bottom of these messages to configure your notification preferences.
Here you can choose whether to receive notifications and/or emails regarding a variety of features on ManageBac.
- Enabling Message Notifications will send notifications to your ManageBac notifications area, which can be accessed via theicon next to your name.
- Enabling E-mails will send notifications to the e-mail address associated with your ManageBac account.
- Enabling Web Notifications will send notifications to your ManageBac notifications area, which can be accessed via the icon next to your name.
- Enabling Mobile Notifications will send notifications to your mobile device if you have downloaded the ManageBac app.
- When you have finished making changes to your notification preferences, click Save Preferences.