Navigating ManageBac as a Teacher, Advisor or Administrator video
The top navigation menu allows you to access the Dashboard, search for users and content, view your inbox, access helpful resources, and edit your profile. This menu is accessible from all ManageBac pages.
Lite or Expanded Menu
Click 3 lines menu icon to expand or collapse your left menu. Collapsing it will give more screen space for the page you are viewing.
Your School's Name
Clicking on your School Name on the top left will take you back to your dashboard. You can click here from any page within ManageBac to quickly return to your dashboard.
The Search bar is displayed at the top of every page on ManageBac. You can search for Users, Classes, Groups and Units, and navigate directly by clicking the result from the available list.
Click the Mailbox icon to quickly expand your recent messages and notifications. You can navigate directly to your full inbox and customize your message and notification preferences.
Note: Messages and notifications that are older than 2 weeks will be cleared. The actual messages are still accessible via the respective Class, Year group or Group.
User Type: Admins only. Teachers with access to certain sections of Settings will find this in their left-hand menu for the specific page that have been granted permission to access.
Configure your School & programme preferences via Settings, upload academic handbooks, configure attendance and academic terms, behaviour and permission preferences.
Help & Support
Click the lifesaver icon to access Help & Support links. For Admins & Teachers, this list includes
- Help Tutorials - Bringing you to the ManageBac Help Centre
- QuickStart Guides - Assisting you to get started
- QuickStart Checklist - Assisting you to configure relevant areas of your account.
- Other Faria Resources - like ManageBac mobile App or Events pages
Your Name & Profile
Click your name and view the dropdown of options to manage your profile.
- Manage your Profile - Edit your personal and professional information, email address, password and profile photo or set your colour theme for your account
- Logout - Logout of your ManageBac account.
+ Quick Add icon at top of the page - This allows teachers and admins to add content directly from your dashboard:
For Admins and Teachers, the Quick Add function allows you to
- Start Online Lessons
- Create Online Lessons
- Create new Units
- Create new Tasks
- Create Lesson Experiences
- Post Messages
- Upload Resources to a selected Unit
- Add Goals or Reflections to a student Portfolio.
The left-hand menu allows you to access your homeroom, browse your schools curriculum, view and add to student portfolios, access your classes and year groups. This menu can be expanded or collapsed.
- Dashboard - View Unit calendars of your classes as well as upcoming events and deadlines.
- Homeroom - Take daily homeroom attendance, add advisory comments, and review homeroom term grades. Note: This view is unique to each user and will only show those students assigned to you as a Homeroom Advisor.
- Reviews & Progress - Approve CAS, SA or SL experiences for your advisory group, view experience updates, and manage your TOK, EE and Personal Project groups.
- Portfolio - Access student ePortfolio's which contain all the files they've submitted to their classes, projects or directly to the Portfolio. Teachers can also add Learning Goals and other resources for an individual student.
- Year Groups - Create and access year groups, oversee experiences and projects, review plans worksheets and add messages and files to students in particular grade levels. Note: The name of this tab is customizable and therefore may not be as shown.
- Classes - Create and join classes. Classes allow you to post assignments, record grades in an online gradebook, and complete Internal Assessment requirements for your subject. Note: A maximum of 10 classes will show for a user, with further classes found via See all classes.
- Groups - Create and join activity or extra-curricular groups linked to CAS Projects, Homeroom, Sports Team, Club, Society or other as configured by your school.
- Parents Association - Message parents and add parent-specific calendar events and deadlines. Note: This will only appear if the Parents Association is enabled, with the group name customizable by your school.
At the bottom left of your menu, Administrators for schools who use ManageBac for Reports and or Attendance, will find additional tabs here to generate report grades, review term grades and track attendance for all students and classes.
Note: Teachers can be granted access to the Reports and Attendance tabs, as well as other limited administrator rights such as the School Directory, Importing Users or configuring programme Curriculum Settings. Read more about configuring teacher permissions.
- Attendance Manager - Track attendance for the whole school and issue attendance reminders.
- Reporting - Generate Report Cards and Transcripts as well as review Term Grades data
- Curriculum - Access your school's whole school curriculum, unit calendars, POI, subject group overview, curriculum digest and unit analytics.
- Engagement Analytics - Review student engagement with Online Lessons and Tasks in their classes.
- Guides & Handbooks - View online quick start or programme guides and Handbooks for the enabled academic programmes for your school.
- OSC Home - Only available for schools with IB Diploma Programme and the integration with Oxford Study Courses enabled.
Teachers with Permissions
In this example, we are a teacher who has been granted access to the Attendance Manager, Reports, Student Directory, the ability to Import Users, and customize IB Primary Years Programme Settings.
Note: If you are an admin user, you will find these features and full setting options via the top-right Settings icon.