The redesigned ManageBac Portfolio includes a searchable and filterable roster, a timeline view of submissions, expanded resource types including photos, videos, files & websites, as well as the ability to like, comment and share portfolio resources.
Accessing the Portfolio Roster
Portfolios can be access via the left-hand side menu > Portfolio tab, or by navigating to a Student Profile directly.
- View Portfolio's according to the students' academic programme and year level.
- Filter by Homeroom Advisor or class Teacher.
- See a snapshot on the number of items, goals or reflections added.
- Click a student's name to access their Portfolio.
Goals & Timeline
The timeline provides a visual capture of student coursework, ordered in descending chronological order.
- A collection of Portfolio entries the student has accumulated during their academic career. The timeline consists of Resources (Photos, Files, Videos, Journal Entries) and Goals.
- The timeline is available for students and teachers to add items into it. It will also available for parents in a read-only capacity.
- All users will be able to like and comment on each individual item. Comments can be entered as public for the student & parents, or kept as private entries amongst the author and teachers/admins only. Optionally notify recipients via email.
- Additional options on submissions include:
- Sharing a direct link to a resource
- Editing/Deleting items
- Starring, which highlights a particular it
File submissions from Tasks & Deadlines will also appear in the Portfolio under the Files tab, categorized into specific subject or core programme folders. This provides a consolidated location of the students work.
Add text or media content to develop the students portfolio across years.
- Users can easily add several resource types to the portfolio timeline: Photos, Files, Journal entries with complete set of rich text editor features, video links and website URLs.
- Additionally, users can add files from their Google Drive. Google Docs & Sheets. Slides will be converted to PDF documents during the upload process.
- Drag and drop to attach files and photos from your desktop.
- Teachers are able to select for which date they want the timeline items to appear. This allows resources to be added retrospectively.
Note: There is no limit to the number of resources added, however each file must be less than 500mb.
Add Learning Goals
Goals can be added for students to target, with the ability to check them off as achieved, and contribute badges to the Portfolio timeline. Optional guidance is provided.
- Both Teachers and Students can set goals. Parents, Teachers and Students can comment and like the goals.
- Goals can include a due date for students, independent of the creation date.
- Teachers can set internal goals that are not visible to students and or parents.
- Mark as completed, awarding badges for achieve goals.
From basic text entries to formatted multimedia submissions. Optional Guidance is provided.
- Reflection text boxes support full rich-text editing, meaning the ability to format text, include videos and files, adjust text direction and include hyperlinks.
- Reflections can be marked as Drafts.
Historical Portfolio Items
Access a complete history of submissions to the portfolio in the stream
Portfolios will be maintained throughout a students duration on ManageBac, as they transition up year levels and across programmes. Click the relevant academic year to filter the records. Navigate via Back to Portfolio to return to the current academic year.
Portfolio User Rights
Students & Parents have some access rights to contribute to building the child's portfolio, and develop further engagement with the child's learning journey.
Students can access and add to their Portfolio via the left-hand menu > Portfolio tab. Students are only able to view content from their own portfolio.
- Ability to post on their Timeline. Set and complete Goals, as well as add Reflections.
- Ability to upload and edit their Portfolio submissions (Photos, Files, Video, Website)
Parents can access and engage with their children's portfolio via the left-hand menu > Portfolio tab. Parents are only able to view content from their own children's portfolios.
- Ability to leave comments and likes on the Timeline.
- View only permissions without the ability to edit content or set Goals and post Reflection to the Timeline.