How to Assess Students via the Class Term Gradebook
Note: Pre-requisites for Term Grades assessment:
- Classes must be created, with both students & teachers added as members.
- Term Grades Assessment Framework will need to be configured by an admin. To read more, click here.
Accessing the Term Gradebook
via your class > Gradebook > Term Grades.
Click the student name to switch students. Select the Term dropdown to change the academic term that grades are added to, or view grades from a previous term in the same year.
Adding a Homeroom Advisor comment
Assess Single Subjects by Scope & Sequence or Comment
The scope & sequence enabled in the unit plans taught during the selected term will then appear for assessment. Only what is assessed will appear in reports, un-assessed outcomes will not be shown on reports.
For subjects with scope & sequence organised by Phase, you will see the phases beneath the subject name.
If scope & sequence items are missing from the gradebook, navigate back to the unit planners taught in the term and enable any missing scope & sequence items. See Creating a Unit of Inquiry for further guidance.
- If Allow teachers to choose which standards to assess in their class has been enabled in setting up Assessment settings, teachers will not see a list of outcomes covered in unit plans they are teaching. Instead, they will see a Edit button:
- Clicking Edit will show a list of all scope & sequence for all subects & year levels, so teachers can select which outcomes should be assessed on:
- At the bottom of the page, teachers will be asked if they wish to apply these changes to all classes with this subject enabled, or if they wish to make it specific to that classroom. To standardize the gradebooks for all classes in a year level with that subject, select the first option. You can see which classes the changes will be synced to in list form:
Assessing Approaches to Learning (ATLs)
ATLs enabled in the units taught during the term will appear for assessment in the term gradebook, along with a comment box with text formatting options.
Assessing Learner Profiles
Learner Profiles enabled in the units taught during the term will appear for assessment in the term gradebook, along with a comment box with text formatting options.
Note: If your term gradebook is not configured to your assessment needs, please have your PYP Coordinator or Administrator adjust your assessment settings.