- The guide above provides an overview of ManageBac account setup and maintenance for the Middle Years core (SA, Personal & Community Projects) along with Class Management (Units, Resources, Assessment)
- The steps should be completed by an Administrator user, generally your IB Middle Years Coordinator and/or Tech Director
- Following on below is a feature overview of ManageBac for the IB Middle Years Programmes, to make sure you get the most out of ManageBac!
Designed for the modern IB Middle Years Programme.
- The only learning platform supporting the full IB Continuum and designed with the new Standards & Practices in mind
- Collaboratively plan in real-time with integrated Student Portfolios, Assessment and Reporting for stand-alone subjects and interdisciplinary units
- Streamline assessment and reporting with built-in MYP criteria and grade boundaries
- Manage the Personal and Community Projects from initial proposal to assessment
Service as Action
- Track Progress
- Effectively Service as Action progress using built-in MYP learning outcomes for service
- Add Activities
- Plan Service activities and request Coordinator approval
- Record and Reflect
- Upload evidence and reflections in the form of photos, videos, journal entries, and more
- Feedback and Review
- Communicate via the Message Board and request Supervisor reviews for each activity
Personal & Community Project
- Track Progress
- Track and approve student proposals with built-in Global Contexts
- Built-in Criterion
- Complete the assessment using built-in criterion and export directly to PDF
- Track Ongoing Project Reflections
- Track ongoing project reflections. Students can reflect meaningful through journals, websites, photos, and files
Students gradually build a digital portfolio over time as they submit coursework into their classes for individual assessments.
- Track Progress
- Track the progression of a student’s learner profile attributes and ATLs through their learning goals and submitted work
- Centralise Coursework
- All submitted work is automatically grouped into subjects with learning goals
- Export Locally
- Portfolios can be exported as PDFs or synced to our partners when taking the next step in your students’ learning journey
Tailored for the unique needs of schools running the IB MYP Curriculum, ManageBac provides broad curriculum support, customisable assessment & reporting and an easy to use interface across web and mobile platforms.
- Collaborative Curriculum Planning
Collaboratively create, edit and share unit planners across year levels in real-time
Built-in with transdisciplinary themes, key concepts, ATL skills and more
See the Big Picture
Browse whole-school curriculum and analytics to track coverage of concepts and skills
Embed notes, files, photos, videos and websites with our drag & drop Stream & Resources
MYP Unit Planners
The MYP unit planner allows you to collaboratively organise and plan your curriculum with resources.
Academic Standards & Curriculum Updates
We have added over 607 sets of academic & accreditation standards and benchmarks for our schools comprising the world’s largest indexed collection of over 1.5 million fully-licensed academic standards.
Programme Standards & Practices
Built-in planner guidance and IB Evaluation support.
Streamline the IB Evaluation process by tagging evidence as you go! Link Portfolio items, Reflections and Tasks to specific practices to generate a rich bank of evidence centred around student learning experiences and outcomes.
To support schools in the transition to the new IB Standards and Practices, we are providing planner guidance direct from the IB, including how each section of the template aligns with the IB Standards and Practices. This embedded PD will keep the IB philosophy at the heart of teacher planning and collaboration at your school, driving a culture of continuous reflection and improvement.
For more information on the new IB Standards and Practices, read our blog.
- Teaching & Learning
Our core teaching and learning offering improves the classroom experience for teachers and students with curriculum planning, assessment and reporting and academic management
Admissions & Enrolment
OpenApply, our School Admissions Management System is integrated with ManageBac and supports your entire family throughout the admissions and enrolment process. Streamline family information updates, confirm re-enrolment, and complete the application process for siblings all in one place
Streamlined communications & notifications support the school-to-home experience as well as increase student and teacher engagement
Our Extra-Curricular and Activities Management System, is integrated with ManageBac and allows schools to easily book & manage activities and parent-teacher conferences alongside an advanced payments solution supporting student life beyond the classroom