- Enabling Plans tab (if not already present)
- For schools who registered students to IBIS via ManageBac
- Updating for an Individual Student
- Bulk updating IBIS Information via Import
- Important Notes Regarding CSV Imports
- Updating IBIS Information in bulk manually
- Student access to Candidate Session Credentials
- IBIS Session Number allocation logic
Enabling Plans tab (if not already present)
When navigating to your DP Year Group, if you do not see the Plans tab in your menu, please firstly enable it via Overview > Edit Year Group Settings > Key Worksheet Options > Select Diploma Plan > Save Changes.
For schools who registered students to IBIS via ManageBac
For schools who have registered students via ManageBac: IBIS Personal Codes and Candidate session numbers will automatically be updated on ManageBac on the following dates:
- By January 30 each year for May session registrations
- By July 31 each year for November session registrations
Note that for security reasons, pins are not automatically updated on ManageBac, but schools can update these manually for individual students or in bulk (see instructions below).
Updating for an Individual Student
Update an individual student's personal code by navigating to the Plans tab > click on their name > Edit.
Here coordinators can enter the student IBIS Personal Code and Candidate Session Number, then click Save Changes.
Bulk updating IBIS Information via Import
Download our CSV template
Fill in student Candidate Session Numbers, IBIS Personal Codes and PINs.
Upload CSV File for import
It is possible to bulk update IBIS Personal Codes for multiple students in your Year Group.
Navigate to your IB Year Group's Plans roster > Manage IBIS Personal Codes > Bulk Import.
- Download our CSV template
- Fill in student Candidate Session Numbers, IBIS Personal Codes and PINs. Be sure to include the required fields, Student ID or Student Email
- Upload CSV File for import
Important Notes Regarding CSV Imports
You will need to have access to a programme like Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc to complete CSV imports.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when completing CSV templates:
- The file must be saved as Comma Separated Values (.csv) or CSV UTF+8 to support special character encoding.
- The first row of the CSV file is the header row, and must be included in the file.
- The header row should not be altered from the template as downloaded from the import pages, keep all required columns, even if you are only importing the required fields.
- If updating existing student information, empty columns of data in the file will not overwrite existing data for that user.
- The content in your CSV file is case-sensitive and space-sensitive.
- Required fields must be filled in. Any missing required fields will cause an error in the system.
Updating IBIS Information in bulk manually
Student IBIS personal codes can be updated via your IB Year Group's Plans roster > Manage IBIS Personal Codes.
Here coordinators can enter the student Candidate Session Numbers, IBIS Personal Codes and PINs, Save Changes.
Student access to Candidate Session Credentials
Student's can view their Candidate Session credentials via IB Manager > Plan.
IBIS Session Number allocation logic
Under the below scenario:
- Student A - Registered successfully
- Student B - Fails
- Student C - Registered successfully
The following should happen when session numbers are assigned:
- Student A - 0001
- Student B - 0002
- Student C- receives 0003 upon resolution of the error
However, once the students records are on IBIS, schools can re-order their session number based on the following conditions:
- Original order they were registered
- Candidate name
- Category (alphabetic) / candidate name
- Category (D, A,R,C) / candidate name
This can be done up until the registration deadline.