- Mobile QuickStart Guide
- Downloading the Application
- ManageBac for Mobile Feature Overview
- What can you do with ManageBac for Mobile?
- Logging In
- Navigating the App
- Account Settings
- Customising Your Menu Layout
- Notification Preferences
- Rich Text Editor
- Dashboard and Quick Add Menu
- Global Search
- Scan Coursework directly into Student Portfolios or Assessment Tasks
- Built-in Mobile Scanner video
Mobile QuickStart Guide
The ManageBac app is currently available for all Apple products via the App Store and Android devices in the Google Play store. It can be used by Teachers, Students, Coordinators and Parents.
Downloading the Application
ManageBac for Mobile Feature Overview
For Students, Parents, Teachers and Coordinators
The new ManageBac mobile app supports all user types including students, parents, teachers, coordinators & admins across all curriculum programmes with an improved experience on tablet & phone for all key functions: from taking attendance, classroom management, messaging, managing CAS and core requirements.
- Stay organized with key academic deadlines and assessment tasks, from Home > Tasks & Deadlines.
Keep track of any Upcoming academic deadlines and assessment tasks and any completed tasks.
- Set goals and build a portfolio with coursework, photos and more via Home > Portfolio
Within the Portfolio students can:
1) Upload any Files, Photos, Videos and Website links directly to their Portfolio Timeline
2) Add New Goals for the term/year
3) Post Reflections
- Manage CAS or service learning activities with reflections via Home > Year Group Manager > CAS
- Select any CAS Experience to start uploading your "Reflections & Evidence" in the form of Journal entries, files, videos, photo uploads and website links:
- Plan projects and communicate with your teachers & advisors
- Browse reference QuickStart guides for the IB to stay one step ahead via Home > Guides & Handbooks:
- Easily switch between your children's' Academic profile via the Profile icon in the top right corner
- Browse the curriculum alongside teaching & learning within the Home > Portfolio
- Monitor academic progress with grades and teacher comments via Home > Upcoming
Or within your child's Classes > Select Class, where you will be able to see a more detailed Class Overview of their subject specific assessments, grades and curriculum
- Submit attendance excusals and communicate with homeroom advisors via Home > Attendance & Timetables.
From here you can select the 3 dots (top right corner) to submit any Attendance excusals
- View your child's personal details, Report Cards, Behaviour history/notes and more from your Home > Menu
- Collaborate with fellow parents via the Parent-Teacher Association
- Collaboratively plan your curriculum via Home > Classes > Task & Units. From here you can click into any Unit to begin your planning process
- Manage teaching and learning with Stream & Resources, where you can import resources, add assessment tasks, lesson experiences and online lessons.
- Share experiences and goal-setting within the Portfolio of students. From here teachers can:
1) Upload any Files, Photos, Videos and Website links directly to student Portfolio Timeline
2) Add New Goals for the term/year
3) Post Reflections
4) View eCoursework submission files (for DP only)
- Keep track of any Upcoming events, academic deadlines and assessment tasks, and any completed tasks via "Home > Upcoming"
- Mark tasks, annotate coursework and submit term grades from your Class > Gradebook
- Record attendance and behaviour & discipline from the "Attendance" tab within your Class or via the Home> Attendance Manager (if you have been granted Permissions by your Admin).
- In addition to the above teacher access, as an Admin you can easily Plan and organize key year group deadlines via Home > Year Groups > Calendar
- Manage service learning & project-based learning via Home > Reviews & Progress
- Exams management from start to finish
- Analyze your curriculum and manage term reporting
What can you do with ManageBac for Mobile?
Access & permission levels by user type.
|Deadlines & Calendar||See personal and class calendars. Manage deadlines well.||View and manage unit calendars, upcoming events and deadlines.||View and manage unit calendars, upcoming events and deadlines.||View child’s progress, events and attendance.|
|Curriculum||See what is coming up in the course syllabus or the year in general. Be able to plan ahead.||Collaboratively plan units and view/edit any section in real time.||Collaboratively plan units and view/edit any section in real time.||View child’s syllabus and progress over the year.|
|Class Management||Students can easily manage tasks and units and send their classes messages and files||Assign tasks and create units. Grade tasks and submit term grades to our gradebook.||Assign tasks and create units. Grade tasks and submit term grades to our gradebooks. Additionally coordinators can assign teachers to classes.||Stay up-to-date on child’s tasks and tasks as well as their overall class progress.|
|Portfolio||A central hub to view and add goals, resources, coursework and reflections.||A central hub for all coursework, goals, resources, reflections and rewards.||A central hub for all coursework, goals, resources, reflections and rewards.||A central hub for all coursework. View child’s goals, reflections and awards.|
|Service Learning||Fully manage your CAS. Add service learning activities and post reflections and notes. Request supervisor reviews on-the-go.||Manage, review and approve your student’s CAS activities and reflections. Record notes & interviews.||Manage, review and approve your candidate’s CAS activities and reflections. Record notes, interviews and activities.||Review child’s CAS progress.|
|Project-based Learning||Add project proposals, journal entries, presentations and reflections. Request supervisor review on-the-go.||Review and approve projects and add deadlines. Record notes & interviews.||Assign students to advisors and customize project-based learning templates. Review & approve projects and add deadlines like teachers.||Review child’s project-based learning progress.|
|Homeroom||Have a class-like room for advisory/homeroom.||Submit advisory/ homeroom comments and term grade reviews.||Assign advisories/ homerooms. Submit advisory/homeroom comments and term grade reviews.||See child’s advisory/homeroom comments like a separate class.|
|Attendance||Teachers can log student’s attendance in class and school.||Easily record daily advisory/ homeroom, class and school attendance.||Configure attendance settings and easily record daily advisory/ homeroom, class and school attendance.||View child’s advisory/ homeroom, class and school attendance. Submit attendance excusals.|
|Handbooks||Browse and download handbooks.||Browse and download handbooks.||Upload, browse and download handbooks.||Browse and download handbooks.|
|Photo & File Sharing||Share photos & files directly into your Portfolio, Assessment Tasks, Activity Reflections, and Project Worksheets.||Share photos & files directly into Class Units, Tasks & Resources, and Student Portfolios.||Share photos & files directly into Class Units, Tasks & Resources, and Student Portfolios.||-|
Log into your account for the first time using your email address and password linked to your ManageBac account. First, enter your email address.
Please note that if this is the very first time you are accessing your ManageBac account, you will need to login through an online browser to set your password.
Enter your password and click Sign in.
Quick access to your Menu via the "Home" icon.
You can now adjust your Menu view between easy to read tiles or a clear list
Via the "Me" icon in your bottom toolbar, to access your Account settings. Here you can edit your profile, configure settings, and browse Help tutorials.
You are able to customise your notification preferences by Navigating to your Account Settings > Notifications Preferences:
You can also access this via "Notifications" in your bottom toolbar > Notification Preferences (via the 3 dots in the top right corner)
Enable and disable items under the Mobile Notifications column and Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Rich Text Editor
Our Rich Text Editor, allows you to customize fonts, format text, insert files, photos or videos, add hyperlinks, enable right-to-left scripts and insert tables.
Dashboard and Quick Add Menu
Our Quick Add Menu allows Teachers & Admins to Create New Units, Add Assessment Tasks, Post Messages, or Upload Files and resources for any classes they are teaching directly from the bottom toolbar.
Students can add to the Researcher's Reflection Space in the form of a journal entry; they can upload entries directly to their TOK Journal, and add any Files, Photos, Notes, Videos and Website links directly to their Portfolios.
Teachers and Admins can create new units, assessment tasks, post messages, and add any Files, Photos, Notes, Videos and Website links directly to student Portfolios, their Classes OR unit streams & resources.
Our new Global Search feature allows you to easily search for Users, Classes, Groups, Files, Unit Planners, Assessment Tasks, Resources, Activities and Projects directly from the Dashboard.
Scan Coursework directly into Student Portfolios or Assessment Tasks
With our new built-in Mobile Scanner, students can easily scan handwritten coursework for Portfolio & Task submission on ManageBac iOS by clicking Scan Coursework on the menu.
Built-in Mobile Scanner video
🇨🇳 In China? Click here to watch the video.