Admins can keep track of parent community engagement using a number of identifiers on ManageBac:
Uniform Access & Login Expectations
Prior to opening access to your Parent Community and sending welcome emails, its recommended to review how you expect parents to access ManageBac. Some aspects to consider are:
- How many Parent ManageBac accounts are required per student? Rather than importing all parents, you may wish to consider only importing 1 parent or guardian for each student. Then you can instruct the parents to access from the 1 family login to view their child's progress. This will thus return more accurate analytics of Parent engagement, and will not be impacted by unused accounts where 2 parents only ever login from 1 profile.
- Do Parents require ManageBac accounts? There are different permissions and views for Student and Parent accounts on ManageBac, and there are benefits to adding Parents with their own accounts. However, for schools who will not be taking advantage of the Parent Association for example, you may prefer to ask your Parent community to access from their children's profiles. This helps engage and involve the child and parent in viewing academic progress, and removes seemingly unused Parent accounts, as the Parents are logging in as/with the Student.
Once you have decided upon the best approach for your school, you can then take necessary next steps, such as:
- Configure localized languages for parents, via Configuring Parent User Interface Language as an Admin
- Include this information into your Parent Handbook, so its clear how parents should login and who will receive access
- Outlining expectations of regular access for your community (i.e.: should parents login once per week? per term? when notified?)
Last Accessed Audit Log
The Last Accessed audit log on the parents' profiles can be used to indicate when the parent last accessed their ManageBac account.
The Last Accessed date and time is based on the timezone selected under your school's settings (via Settings > School Settings > Name, Address & Logo), and not based on the timezone of the individual user.
For admins who need a broader overview, you may use the School Directory to filter for the Last Accessed date in descending order to see the parents who most recently accessed their accounts.
Note: this view does not display the Last Accessed Time, just the Date.
Admins can also use the Export Students & Parents function on the right navigation panel if they need to see the Last Accessed Date in a spreadsheet format.