Help Tutorials, Quickstart Guides and Resources to help you make the most of ManageBac.
ManageBac can be used to track Homeroom (i.e. Daily) and Class Attendance. The Attendance settings are configured by programme and academic year, meaning the Attendance Settings for each programme must be updated for each academic year.
Configure your school attendance settings via Settings > Attendance > Settings:
1. Configure your whole-school attendance settings - indicate whether attendance will be Available for Homeroom, Classes, or both.
Note: You can take both Homeroom and Class attendance in DP/MYP while only taking Homeroom attendance in PYP. Tick Available for Both via Attendance > Settings and tick Homeroom only via Programme-Level > IB Primary Years.
2. Send Notifications to parents when their child/ren are absent from the Homeroom (email example below).
3. Send daily and weekly attendance to Admins (email example below).
Click on the Programme-Level tab to configure the attendance settings for each of your school's programmes.
1. Select the Programme.
2. Select the Academic Year.
3. Set attendance schedule to either Weekdays or custom Rotation cycle (e.g. 10 days).
4. For PYP, you can allow for substitute teachers to take homeroom attendance, which allows for PYP teachers to take Homeroom Attendance for students in their classes.
5. For PYP, you can configure Attendance for Homeroom Only. This allows for full-continuum schools to take Homeroom and Class attendance in DP & MYP, while only taking Homeroom Attendance in PYP.
6. Select Categories that teachers can select from including Late, Health, Dress Code, etc. Note: Categories can not be added to or edited.
7. Holidays are also configured by programme. Click on the dates within the calendar to configure your school holidays. To remove a holiday, click the date again. Holidays and days off are marked in yellow not counted in the attendance total. Teachers will not be able to take attendance on these days.
Via Attendance > Periods, select the number of lesson periods (i.e. class meeting times) each day (up to 15), configure lesson times, and Save Changes. Note that this is Class Attendance only, not Homeroom Attendance.
Enable Send Homeroom Absence to Parents to automatically send notification emails to parents if their child is marked absent in Homeroom.
Enable Send Homeroom Attendance Daily Digests to Admins to receive a daily digest listing all students that were absent in homeroom. You will also receive notification if all students are marked present.
Enable Send Weekly Attendance to Admins to receive a weekly digest notifying which students missed a specified number of Homeroom or Class periods.
Our business hours are Monday through Friday, 24 hours a day.
The first step is to open our online support centre and select your programme.
Select your user type.
Not finding the tutorial you're looking for? Enter in a question or keyword!
The tutorials will update below.
Click on the tutorial you wish to view.
You can also check out our Quickstart Guides on the right navigation panel.
Need more urgent assistance? Feel free to call in any time Monday through Friday, 24 hours a day.
Or email us at email@example.com and you'll get a response within 24 hours.
Feel free to also schedule a demo with us here