Help Tutorials, Quickstart Guides and Resources to help you make the most of ManageBac.
If enabled by your ManageBac Admin, teachers can create their own class by navigating to Classes > See All Classes > Add New Class to begin. This will allow you to add an individual class by completing the following:
1. Please select IB Middle Years tab.
2. Select the Grade level of the class.
3. Select the start and end academic terms to link the class to.
4. Set the Language of instruction of the class.
5. If you cannot find your subject, please advise your MYP Coordinator to add the subject to the selection of subjects offered at your school. Select the subject from the dropdown list.
6. The Class ID can be any unique combination of letters and numbers as long as they do not match any other class ID on ManageBac. While not a required field, if you wish to use bulk processes on ManageBac, such as Bulk Assigning Students, please add a class ID.
7. By default your name will appear in the Teachers list. You can also add additional teachers.
8. Description can be used to inform students of the class timetable, classroom, and other information.
9. Add an Announcement which will appear for your students on the classes Overview page.
10. If you do not want students to join or leave the class themselves for the class, select Lock Memberships > Students only.
11. You can upload a file to be used as the class's image.
Once all the steps are complete, click Add Class to add it to ManageBac.
Important Note: Grade, Linked academic terms, Language, and Subject can not be altered after the class has been created.
Note on Unit Plans: When creating a class, units will automatically be populated from your previous classes if the new class has the same subject and grade level as your old classes. It is recommended that you check your units to make sure they have the same subject as the new class you are creating. Please note that the units are tied to the subject and not the subject group. For example, a unit created in a Sciences – Biology class will not appear in a Sciences – Chemistry class.
We offer phone support coverage 24 hours a day between Monday and Friday, beginning from Monday 9 AM (GMT +8) and ending at Friday 6 PM (GMT -7).
The first step is to open our online support centre and select your programme.
Select your user type.
Not finding the tutorial you're looking for? Enter in a question or keyword!
The tutorials will update below.
Click on the tutorial you wish to view.
You can also check out our Quickstart Guides on the right navigation panel.
Need more urgent assistance? Feel free to call in any time Monday through Friday, 24 hours a day.
Or email us at email@example.com and you'll get a response within 24 hours.
Feel free to also schedule a demo with us here