Help Tutorials, Quickstart Guides and Resources to help you make the most of ManageBac.
Before you can create classes, you will need to click Classes via Settings > School Setting > Academics.
Within the Classes > See All Classes tab, the sidebar will show you your two options for adding classes:
Select the option you want to use to begin.
After clicking the Add New Class button, fill in the form that appears. Some fields are optional, but be sure to complete any starred fields, which are required.
Configure the duration of the class by linking it to academic terms.
Once you have completed the form, click Create this class at the bottom.
Navigate to Classes > Import Classes > Select Class Programme to create multiple classes per programme using a CSV import.
Select the Academic Year you wish to create classes for.
Click to Download our CSV template.
Once the CSV template has downloaded, fill it in as follows:
1. Create a unique Class ID for each class. These IDs can be any combination of letters and numbers as long as they are unique to each class.
2. Type in the Year as it appears in 'Settings > Grades & Programmes' under Year.
3. Add the Subject Group name for each class. To determine the subject group, go to Settings > C1 Programme > Subjects. Here you will find the subjects grouped by Subject Group. Enter the Subject Group, which the desired subject is nested under, into the Group column in the CSV.
4. Match each class to a Subject. These subjects must exactly match the Subjects you selected in your Settings, or you can use the Supported Subjects download. (e.g. "Boot Camp" is in the PE subject.) Additionally, if you are creating classes for subjects that share a name but have different subject codes enter the subject code after the subject name in parentheses. (e.g. “General Paper (8004)” or “General Paper (8001)”)
5. Type in the Name of each class according to how it is named at your school.
6. Enter the desired level in the Level column. To create a mixed level class leave the column blank.
7. The Section column is also optional and can be used to differentiate between different classes of the same subject (e.g. English 1 and English 2 are two different sections).
9. Type in the email of the teacher who will be teaching each class.
10. Description is optional and can be used to describe the class.
When you're finished, save the spreadsheet as a CSV file.
Once your form has been filled out and saved, return to the Bulk Create Classes page on ManageBac, where you can upload your file by clicking Choose File. Select the file you've just created. Then, click on the Next button.
ManageBac will guide you through the final steps by double checking the information you have uploaded is correct. Alternatively, you can send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org where we will review your file before processing it for you.
We offer phone support coverage 24 hours a day between Monday and Friday, beginning from Monday 9 AM (GMT +8) and ending at Friday 6 PM (GMT -7).
The first step is to open our online support centre and select your programme.
Select your user type.
Not finding the tutorial you're looking for? Enter in a question or keyword!
The tutorials will update below.
Click on the tutorial you wish to view.
You can also check out our Quickstart Guides on the right navigation panel.
Need more urgent assistance? Feel free to call in any time Monday through Friday, 24 hours a day.
Or email us at email@example.com and you'll get a response within 24 hours.
Feel free to also schedule a demo with us here