If you would like students/parents to be able to come to school to collect or drop off any belongings, it is possible to use a Parents' Evening Container to set up appointments for parents/students to collect their belongings.
The following example shows how to set up appointments every 10 minutes for 2 days from 8am - 3pm with 2 bookings allowed per timeslot so that parents with 2 children can collect both their child's belongings at the same time rather than make 2 appointments.
Adding the container
- Click on Activities & Clubs (this may be labelled slightly differently for your school)
- Click on Parent/Teacher Conference (this may be labelled slightly differently for your school)
- Click on + Add
- Enter the Title
- Enter a Description
- Check the Allow booking cancellation box if you would like parents/students to be able to cancel their bookings
- Make sure the Meeting Format is set to Onsite
- Maximum bookable events per group is set to 1
- Select your Activities start and end dates
- Select your Activities start and end times
- Select who is allowed to make the bookings
- Set your Sign up opens and closes dates
- Add any Terms and conditions. This could include information about a drive-through process, a map of where to enter/exit, the materials/devices being dropped off should be in a clearly labelled bag, etc.
- You may want to add a Booking Data Form to collect other information such as Car Registration number, etc. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a form to be set up for you
- Click Save
Adding a new group
- Under Teachers, click on Add to add a new group
- Enter a Title
- Enter a Description
- Make Available to whichever students you wish to be able to collect/drop-off their belongings. This could be the Whole School, or it could be specific year groups (e.g. Year 1, Year 2), or it could be a custom group you have created containing certain students
- Select the Gender, Lead Staff Member, Activity, Default Location as appropriate for your school
- Click Save
Creating new Events
- Click on Create Events
- Click on + Add New
- Enter the Title of the event or leave as Appointment
- Enter any Vital Information if required
- Set the Bookings Per Slot to the maximum number of children you would like the parents to be able to book (in this example 2)
- Check the box for the group you set up earlier
- Check the Use Group Default Location box
- If the Pick-up/Drop-off is just one day, check the Single Day box. If the Pick-up/Drop-off is over a number of days, select the Multiple Days box
- Check the Activities Start and End dates are correct
- Check that the Start and End times are correct
- Enter the length (in minutes) of each 'appointment'
- Click Create Rule
- Check that the details are all correct. If anything needs changing, click Edit, make the changes and then click Create Rule
- Once you are happy that the event is set up correctly, click Publish Events
- Check the I confirm box
- Click the Publish button, and then the Publish button in the pop up box that appears
After a few moments, the events will have been generated and will be available for the parents/students to book the time-slots from the Sign Up Opens Date/time.
From a parent's view, it will look like a normal PTC booking system except that (in this example) they can now make 2 bookings for the same timeslot.
If you would like help with setting this up, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Staff at email@example.com