In a preference based sign up you can control who sees activities by using the Available/ Unavailable to tag/ filter unique to each activity.
Example Scenario: The Art Club activity was open to the whole school last term, but it was oversubscribed. This term it will be available to the whole school again but limited to people who did not get the opportunity to join the club last term.
- First, make sure last term's group is easily identifiable. Select Activities & Clubs (this may be labelled differently according to your school's preferences).
Click to Manage last term's container.
If required, on the Groups tab, edit the previous group(s) to include the term in the name in order to make it/them more identifiable.
- Create a new container and copy the groups from the previous container. If you require information about copying groups between containers, please read this article
- Click 'Manage' for the container and then click on 'Edit' for the copied group you wish to change
- Change the title of the group to reflect the time period
- Scroll down and click on 'Unavailable To'. In the pop up box, change the dropdown box to 'Group', search for the previous terms' art group, click 'Add' and then 'Continue'.
- When you are happy with the setup of the group, click 'Save'. Now, when the sign-up period opens, this group will be available to the Whole School, except for the students who were in the Art group during the previous summer term.