The AtlasNext Student Portfolio includes a searchable and filterable roster, a timeline view of submissions, expanded resource types including photos, videos, files & websites, as well as the ability to like, comment and share portfolio resources.
Portfolios can be accessed via the left-hand menu Portfolio tab, or by navigating to a Student Profile directly.
- View Portfolios according to the students' academic program and year level.
- Filter by Homeroom Advisor or class Teacher.
- See a snapshot on the number of items, goals or reflections added.
- Click a student's name to access their Portfolio.
Goals & Timeline
The timeline provides a visual capture of student coursework, ordered in descending chronological order.
- A collection of Portfolio entries the student has accumulated during their academic career. The Timeline lists Photos, Files, Videos, Journal Entries and Goals added to it.
- Goals created either by student or teachers are listed at the top.
- The Portfolio is available for students and teachers to add items into it. Parents can be granted a read-only access to the entire Portfolio or individual Photos or Files added to the Timeline.
- You will see a list of Collaborators (files, items, comments or reactions) on the right navigation panel.
- Click Your Students to quickly jump between portfolios via the left-hand side list.
- All users will be able to like and comment on each individual item (if Messages permissions are given to Students and Parents). Comments can be entered as public for the student & parent, or kept as private entries amongst the author and teachers/admins only. Optionally notify recipients via email.
- Files submitted to Tasks in Classes the students are assigned to will be included on the Timeline by submission date. Most files can be viewed by teachers directly in the class via the view icon.
- Additional options on submissions include:
- Sharing a direct link to a resource
- Starring, which highlights a particular item
- Export, Edit or Delete the item
File submissions from Tasks & Deadlines will also appear in the Portfolio under the Files tab, categorized into specific subject or core program folders. This provides a consolidated location of the student's works.
Note: student submissions to tasks & deadlines using Google Docs do not appear on the student portfolio.
Students and Teachers can also directly add Files to the Personal folder or project folders via the Add Resources button at the top of the Files tab. If you prefer to add files organized by subject group, these need to be uploaded to Tasks or Deadlines in classes of the subject group.
All other forms of Portfolio item types are disabled in the Files tab. Up to 10 files can be uploaded at once. The file limit size limit for each is 50MB.
Note: Files directly added to folders in the Files tab of the Portfolio will not appear on the Timeline list of the Portfolio.
Files listed in folders can be dragged and dropped or downloaded via the file title. Document type files can also be annotated with the built in annotation tool in AtlasNext.
Add Items to Timeline
Add text or media content to develop the students' portfolio across years.
- Users can easily add several resource types to the portfolio timeline: Photos, Files, Journal entries with a complete set of rich text editor features, video links, and website URLs.
- Additionally, users can add files from Google Drive. Google Docs & Sheets. Slides will be converted to PDF documents during the upload process.
- Drag and drop to attach files and photos from your desktop.
- Teachers are able to select for which date they want the timeline items to appear. This allows resources to be added retrospectively.
- Authors of items can control which items are visible for types of other users via the Privacy options when adding items.
- Homeroom Advisors can also add items to Multiple Students if files need to be available for several students at once.
- Parents and students can be notified via email of any items added to the Portfolio.
Note: There is no limit to the number of resources added, however, each file must be less than 500mb.
Add Learning Goals
Goals can be added for students to target, with the ability to check them off as achieved and contribute badges to the Portfolio timeline. Optional guidance is provided.
- Both Teachers and Students can set goals. Parents, Teachers, and Students can comment and like the goals.
- Goals can include a due date for students, independent of the creation date.
- Teachers can set internal goals that are not visible to students and or parents.
- Mark as completed, awarding badges for achieved goals.
From basic text entries to formatted multimedia submissions. Optional Guidance is provided.
- Reflection text boxes support full rich-text editing, meaning the ability to format text, include videos and files, adjust text direction and include hyperlinks.
- Reflections can be marked as Drafts.
- Expand the text box full-screen for lengthier entries.
1. Once an entry is submitted by a student, teachers will have the option to either Approve or Decline reflections and goals.
2. The entry is automatically marked as Pending until selected as Approved or Declined.
3. Once a student makes a change to a reflection or goal, the status of the entry is automatically marked as Pending for review.
Bulk Portfolio Options
Teachers assigned to at least one student as Homeroom Advisor and Administrators can bulk create Portfolio Items from the Portfolio Roster.
Depending on the item you are adding:
- Enter a Title for the item to be added
- Browse from your computer or drag and drop into the upload space.
- Control who can see the items with the Privacy options.
- Tick the student name you wish to add the item to their Portfolios for. A total count is given at the bottom right.
Portfolio User Rights
Students & Parents have some access rights to contribute to building the child's portfolio and develop further engagement with the child's learning journey. These permission settings are controlled via Settings > Select Academic Programme > Portfolio > Access & Permissions.
Students can access and add to their Portfolio via the left-hand menu > Portfolio tab. Students are only able to view content from their own portfolio.
- Ability to post on their Timeline. Set and complete Goals, as well as add Reflections.
- Ability to upload and edit their Portfolio submissions (Photos, Files, Video, Website).
- Ability to add likes and comments to Timeline items.
Parents can access and engage with their children's portfolio via the left-hand menu Portfolio tab. Parents are only able to view content from their own children's portfolios.
- Ability to leave comments and likes on the Timeline.
- View only permissions without the ability to edit content or set Goals and post Reflection to the Timeline.
Q: Can students upload work to their AtlasNext portfolios or must this be done by staff?
A: Students can upload work to their AtlasNext Portfolios. See here for a student guide on uploading portfolios.
Q: Is it possible to send messages to all students by cohort year level?
A: Yes, you can send messages to all students using the cohort year Messages function. Navigate to 'Cohort Years > Select a Cohort Year> Click the Messages Tab > click 'Post New Message'.