This can be done in two ways:
1. Bulk Assign Students to classes (this can only be done by an admin and all classes must have unique class IDs).
2. Add Students Manually (this can be done by teachers if the class is not locked)
Note: It's important to assign students to the correct classes because gradebook marks and comments will not be transferred if a student needs to be transferred from one class to another.
Option 1: Bulk Assign Students
AtlasNext System Admins can assign students to classes in bulk via the See all classes tab. On the right navigation panel, click Bulk Assign Students.
Download our CSV template by right clicking on the download link and selecting Save Link As.
You can then prepare the Excel CSV template containing:
- Either Student E-mail or Student ID
- Unique Class ID
These fields will be used to match your students to the correct classes. One row will correspond to one student's class assignment. The average student will have 6 to 8 rows.
Note: Use the Existing Class Export as reference for current class rosters. Navigate to Classes > See all Classes > Export Filtered Classes to Excel.
Once you are finished filling in the template, make sure that the document is saved as a CSV file.
There are two options when bulk assigning students:
- Bulk Assign: This will assign the students to the classes on the list.
- Bulk Assign and Remove: This will assign the students to the classes on the list by replacing all previously uploaded assignments.
IMPORTANT: The Bulk Assign and Remove option should only be used when importing your master class assignments list. It should never be used for partial or incomplete lists.
After uploading your Excel CSV import file, you will see a confirmation message appear at the top of your page, indicating how many records you have uploaded.
Option 2: Add Students Individually
After creating classes, teachers or administrators can add students to each class by clicking Add students in the Members > Students tab.
Note: Teachers will not be able to add students if the class memberships have been locked by an admin.
You can add students by checking their names on the list, and clicking Add Selected Students at the end of the list.
1. Students are listed by program & grade level. You can filter the students by grade level using the Year menu. Within the grade level, you can search for a student through the Quick Search field.
2. Once you have entered a student’s name, you will be able to select him/her from the list. Note: If you do not find a student in the system, please contact your System Admin to ensure that the student's account has been created.
3. To save changes, click Add Selected Students.
Note: Gradebook marks and comments will not be transferred when moving students from one class to another because Gradebook marks are unique to each class. It is recommended to export marks to excel prior to removing a student from a class, and then manually enter the marks in the new class.