Posting Class Messages
You can access the Post Message button on the top right-hand navigation panel.
1. Using the Enhanced Text Editor, you can add lists, images, videos, files, tables, change text styles and switch between left to right and right to left text directions.
2. Selecting Notify via e-mail will send out e-mails, which will contain the message, to the class members (students and teachers) or parents.
3. Selecting Private Message will create a message that is visible only to other teachers. Students will not be able to view these messages. Selecting both options, Notify via e-mail and Private Message, will create a private message and only teachers in the current class will receive an e-mail notification.
4. Click on Add Message; when ready to send.
Replying to Messages
To create a reply first click the Reply to Message button. This will bring up a text box that will allow you to enter your comment. You can create the comment to be a private message by ticking the box for Private Comment below the text box. Private comments will only be visible to other teachers. Once your comment is complete, click Add Comment to post it.
Replying to Comments
In addition to replying to messages, users are able to reply to comments. To view all replies to a comment click Show replies. To add a reply click Reply to Comment.
Once your text is ready you can click Notify via E-mail to send the notification to the author of the original comment and click Add Comment to publish your reply.
There are two types of private messages:
1. Messages and comments that are created by teachers and are only visible to other teachers.
2. Messages and comments that are created by students and are visible to other teachers but also to the student.
In the example above, the student posted a private comment. This private comment is now visible to teachers. When a teacher responds to it the reply will also be visible only to the student. The approach allows students to create private communication threads with their teachers.
Uploading Class Files
Via Classes > Files
You can upload any files you want students to have easy access to under the Files tab.
You can upload a file for your class by clicking Upload File on the right-hand navigation panel. If your school has enabled Google Drive Integration, you can upload files directly from your drive via Add From GDrive.
Finally, you can also create a category-specific folder by clicking Add Folder.
To add existing files to the folder, drag and drop them on top of the folder icon.
When uploading files via Upload File, you can assign a category, as well as a folder. You can also notify students via email that there is a new file. Click Upload Files once done.
To import existing files or folders from this subject to your class, click Add Resources. For more details, see Adding & Managing Tasks in the Adding Tasks from Resource Bank section
Note: Only you, the teacher, can upload files for the class. Students can only view and download the files when they access the Files tab.
You can choose to select files directly from Google Drive via the G Upload button.
A new window will pop up. Select the Google account you’d like to choose a file from (if more than one is available), and then select 'Allow' when ManageBac asks for permission to view the files in your Google Drive. Once in your Google Drive, you can switch between your own drive and files shared with you. Click on the file you want to upload and then 'Select' at the bottom to import it.
Adding Class Events
Via Classes > Calendar tab
You can add a new Event (e.g. Meeting or Field Trip) to the class’s calendar by clicking Add New Event under the Calendar tab.
Fill in the form to create the Event. You can edit Event categories by clicking Manage Categories on the right-hand navigation panel.
Multiple Day Events
To add an event over multiple days, ensure the event is listed as All day event.
Then, view the event via the Calendar tab. Hover over the bottom righthand corner of the event until an arrow appears. Drag the arrow across the days of the event.