Sending Messages to Year Groups
Admins, Teachers, and Students can post to the Year Group message board via Messages > Post New Message.
Admins and Teachers can
1. Post to multiple year groups at the same time
2. Notify students and/or parents via email of new messages,
3. Create a private message only viewable for other teachers and admin.
Students are only able to post messages to their assigned year group.
Sending Class Messages
You can access the Post New Message button under the Messages tab of your class.
1. Using the Enhanced Text Editor, you can add lists, images, videos, files, tables, change text styles and switch between left to right and right to left text directions.
2. Selecting Notify via e-mail will send out e-mails, which will contain the message, to the class members (students and teachers) or parents.
3. Selecting Private Message will create a message that is visible only to other teachers. Students will not be able to view these messages. Selecting both options, Notify via e-mail and Private Message, will create a private message and only teachers in the current class will receive an e-mail notification.
Replying to Messages
To create a reply first click "Reply to Message". This will bring up a text box that will allow you to enter your comment. Private comments can also be created by enabling the checkbox. Private comments will only be visible to other teachers. Once your comment is complete, click Add Comment to post it.
Replying to Comments
In addition to replying to messages, users are able to reply to comments. To view all replies to a comment click Show replies. To add a reply click Reply to Comment.
Once your text is ready you can click Notify via E-mail to send the notification to the author of the original comment and click Add Reply to publish your reply.
There are two types of private messages:
1. Messages and comments that are created by teachers and are only visible to other teachers.
2. Messages and comments that are created by students and are visible to other teachers but also to the student.
Private messages posted by students & teachers are only visible to teachers and are not visible to other students. Private replies left on a message will only be visible to teachers & not to other students.
In the example above, the student posted a private comment. This private comment is now visible to teachers. When a teacher responds to it the reply will also be visible only to the student. The approach allows students to create private communication threads with their teachers.
Parent View of Messages
Parents will have access to the message and attachments via their Messages tab, and can also be notified of new messages via email.